Monday, July 25, 2011

The Pat Tillman Foundation



We are all familiar with the tragic story of Pat Tillman. However, not everyone is aware of The Pat Tillman Foundation, which was founded by his Wife, Marie Tillman, in 2004. The Tillman Foundation invests in veterans and their families through education and community.

The Foundation recently recognized their 3rd class of Scholars and a fellow contributor and myself were fortunate enough to have won scholarships. We are now Tillman Scholars and have joined a community of fellow, like-minded individuals who have a desire to serve their fellow man, community, and society, not only while in pursuit of our educational goals, but to continue that mission well into our careers.

I just returned from a three day summit in Maryland and I am having trouble expressing in words just what the experience meant to me. Everything was so well organized, timely, and the entire PTF staff was so friendly and professional. I had the opportunity to meet so many amazing veteran-scholars with their own stories of challenges and adversity, how they have turned their experiences into success, and what their future goals are in terms of continued service to their communities. The entire weekend was one I will never forget and I believe that it has already started shaping my future views on my role as a Pat Tillman Scholar within my community. I am honored to be a Tillman Scholar and pledge to continue to honor Pat's Legacy.

You can find out more about the Pat Tillman Foundation below. There is information on the application cycle, The Tillman Scholars, The Tillman Foundation, and ways to get involved (Pat's Run, donations, etc).

http://www.pattillmanfoundation.org/

Also, here are some links to other organizations that partnered up with the PTF during our summit:







PJ Golf Sierra sends...

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thanks for sharing.

    -Wesley Au-Yeung - 3rd Class

    ReplyDelete