Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Medical School Burnout

In addition to my catharsis, the following posts will address a very real issue. The goal of posting these is not only to generate discussion of the topic of burnout but also to make us aware of the factors that are associated with it. I, like so many, went into school with an "Idea" of what I thought it would be and of what I "knew" I was going to do as a Physician and somewhere along the way I was faced with reality. It is a reality that (I argue) every medical student realizes at some point.

Here is a NY Times article for starters: Medical Student Burnout and the Challenge to Patient Care

Read on to the following posts...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Checky,

    I saw you on the Smithsonian documentary about your role in the rescue of Marcus Luttrell, I am truly humbled.

    I am a first year medical student at UConn and am curious how your medical education is going.

    ReplyDelete