Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reasons why medical students burn out and become depressed

Here again, I wish not to push the negative aspects of medical training, I only hope to illustrate a reality. Even as a prior PJ who served in combat, a prior firefighter and civilian paramedic who has spent years dealing with adversity. Medical school still brings a different kind of adversity to the table. It is one that can't be avoided. Med school is tiring and most definitely causes apathy, burn out and overall dread of internship. Read the following: Click here

1 comment:

  1. Good read. I'm a huge proponent of feedback and I hope you take the time to give some solid info to your institution whenever that's appropriate. This post makes me think back to my undergraduate years when classes would hand out feedback forms. I'd always be the one who'd volunteer to collect all the forms just so I'd have more time to really put some thought into the feedback. Many want only to get their grade and move on but going that extra yard to give constructive feedback helps those that follow your footsteps.

    Chin up, bro. You're almost done!

    ReplyDelete