Saturday, February 26, 2011

In it for the right reasons

Hello all.
It took awhile to fully commit to the medical school path but it was important for me to ensure the road was being chosen for the right reasons. The reasons are plentiful but suffice it to say that the medical field I intend to go into affects me on a personal, everyday basis. Once the knowledge is attained I'll be able to relate to my patients on a deeper level.

I'm currently a senior in nutritional science at UofA. Aside from taking classes full-time at the U, I recently started shadowing a rheumatologist one day per week and working part-time as a tissue recovery technician. My application process is just beginning but there are some great J's that are helping me along the way.

If anybody out there is interested in studying for the MCAT I'll be on it full-time come the end of the Spring 2011 semester. I've taken two practice exams and scored as expected given the low volume of preparation. This is my first blog but I'll try to check in often and give/get a sitrep. If I can help anyone out there please feel free to contact me.

On a last note, a big hoo-ya to Checky for beginning this association. It's a great place to comm with others who have great interest in pursuing medicine. Let's spread the word and help our brothers!

3 comments:

  1. word... I am taking the MCAT July 6 and I am applying to various schools mainly in texas this year. Unfortunately my undergraduate grades are not the best ( I am just above 3.1) so I need to rock this MCAT, and I am pretty sure I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,

    Your MCAT is just around the corner...how are you keeping up? Hopefully you are crushing it. Keep us abreast.

    GS

    ReplyDelete
  3. A PJ and a Doctor......Now thats bad ass

    ReplyDelete